Course: Human Resource Effective Training
Due Date: October 3, 2015 11:00pm Central Standard Time
Instructions: Please provide a couple of sentences per question.
Chapter Review Questions & Answers
Chapter 6 & 7
Chapter Six Question Review Questions:
- Supervisors often resist taking on the role of coach. What can organizations do to encourage supervisors to be effective coaches?
- Go through the different instructional methods and sort them into those that you think would be most useful in training someone on the technical aspects of the job and those that would be most useful in the more social aspects of the job. Provide the rationale for your decisions.
- Why are classroom based training programs (lecture/discussion, role-play, games, etc.) used so much more than individualized approaches to training? Do you think this choice is appropriate?
Chapter Seven Question Review Questions:
- How is ET (Electronic Training) different from e-learning?
- What are the basic components of ET and its delivery?
- How does programmed instruction allow the trainee to work at his or her own pace?
- How does ITS (Intelligent Tutoring System) differ from programmed instruction?
- What learning processes are most influenced by interactive multimedia? Which are influenced the least?
- What is the most expensive part of developing an ET?
- What are the factors associated with calculating the cost of ET?
- How effective is ET in maintaining control over learning processes and training content? Provide your rationale.
- What is the purpose of an LMS (Learning Management System) ?
- How are ITS and LMS related to each other?