LA Soccer Club-Mktg 430
You do not need to follow this format. It is merely informational and is here for your edification. You may choose to use all, some, part, or none of the following outline for your project. It is completely up to your discretion.
- Introduction (1-2 pages)
- What is the general area of research?
- What is the fan demographic of the LA Soccer Club?
- What are fans looking for from the LA Soccer team?
- Competitiveness, Wins, Championships, Brand, Recognition
- What would inspire soccer fans to come to LA Club games?
- How will the LA Soccer Club compete with the LA Galaxy for viewership and attendance?
- What strategies are available to build brand awareness?
- . What strategies have already been used?
- What are the fan’s current perceptions of the LA Soccer Club?
- . Negative or Positive
- What are the fan’s current expectations of the LA Soccer Club?
- Which player(s) do fans associate most from the LA Soccer Club?
- What will be accomplished in this research?
- Clearer view of the club’s current target market
- Opportunity to either extend or create the soccer club’s market presence
- Mktg 430
- Background and Theory (1-2 pages)
- Review relevant prior research. What do we already know about this topic?
- Building on what we learn, we can develop our own theory about why things happen. Based on our theory, we can state some expectations and develop marketing strategies in terms of the study factors and responses. You need to more than merely explain your understanding of why things are happening but you need to apply it to the problem at hand.
Los Angeles Football Club.
- They are the second MLS team in LA (Galaxy)
- Chivas USA was discontinued in 2014.
- Building a 22K seat soccer stadium. Banc of California Stadium
- First open-air stadium built in LA since 1962.
- Exposition Park.
- Seating will be among the steepest (34 degrees)
- Closest seats 12 feet from touchline.
- Every seat will be within 135 of the pitch.
- LEED Silver certified stadium.
- 5% of parking spaces will have EV charging stations.
- 1200 new union and local construction jobs.
- 1800 Full-Time permanent operations.
- $350 million in private investment to S LA.
Types of Promotions
- Social Media
- Big name players
- Spanish Social Medias
- Bill boards
- Methods (2-4 pages)
For this promotion plan the conducted survey’s intentions were to show the respondents’ willingness to attend a soccer game. The survey included factors such as:
- Pricing (tickets, parking, etc.),
- Community involvement,
- Player outreach/popularity
- Advertising mediums and
- Bundling of amenities
The results of the survey have revealed the level of impact each factor holds and provides the framework for the provided recommendations for the Los Angeles Football Club.
o From whom did you collect the data?
o How were they recruited to participate?
o Provide some descriptive statistics.
The survey was distributed amongst the friends and families of each group member through an anonymous link. The link was shared predominantly through text message and social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. These outlets were chosen because of the exposure it would receive, the vast audience that would be able to respond, and because of the share-ability each outlet holds.
Through our attempts to share this survey, the group was able to amount a little over 100 respondents. This outcome was able to provide resourceful information to evaluate and provide a viable promotion plan. The results shed light on the average amount that consumers are willing to spend on a ticket. It also shows the importance that each factor, stated earlier, holds on their purchasing decision. With the hopes of gaining a diverse audience, the survey provided a narrow segment of consumers within a specific income level.
- Procedure and Materials
o Describe how the study was conducted. The focus here is on logistics. Give enough detail so that the reader gets a sense of “what happened”
o Describe any materials that are pertinent to the study (e.g., pictures or stories used as stimuli). Provide justifications for material choices where appropriate.
Though Los Angeles already has a soccer team with the LA Galaxy; the city receiving a whole new team is an idea that requires research. Research on how to get an established market to consider a different option and the underlying factors that contribute to that decision. A better understanding of these factors can also help build the base of a growing market segment.
To gain a basic understanding of the market segment, the group took a descriptive approach on the survey.
o This is where you state the formal design in terms of factors and response variables.
o Describe the response measures (scales and observations) and any other measures that were used.
- Results (2-5 pages)
o This is where we want to report analyses of the data from the main study design
o Report all necessary statistics. In many cases a table may be desirable as a summary
o Where possible, complement the analysis with a graphical depiction of the data
o Do not editorialize. That is, do not comment on whether the results are “good” or “bad” or what the potential implications are. The results section should be objective and factual. Let the data tell its own story in this section. You will use the results to make your recommendations in the next section.
- Recommendations (3-6 pages)
- Summarize the key results and use these results as a foundation/rationale for your recommendations.
- You should include an estimate of what it will cost to implement your recommendations in terms of labor, material, and human resources. Your best estimates will suffice as long as you provide a rationale for how you arrived at your estimates.
- Implementation Results and Post Implementation Evaluation (2-5 pages)
- What went right?
- What went wrong?
- How would you assess your recommended strategies?
- What would you do the same/differently?
- Based on the post-implementation evaluation, provide a revised set of recommendations with a rationale for these changes.
DV: Ticket Sales
IV 1: Ticket Prices 3-4 ?s
- How much are you willing to pay to attend a soccer game?
IV 2: Location/Distance 3-4 ?s
IV 3: Advertisements 3-4 ?s
IV 4: Players/Performance 3-4 ?s