How is cyberbullying defined in this article?
- What are the most common places where cyberbullying occurs?
- Describe the types of Cyberbullying the article addresses
- What are some of the effects of cyberbullying on the victim that the article lists?
- On a college campus, discuss the options for reporting cyberbullying. What administrators should a student report incidences of cyberbullying to?
- Describe how Facebook is addressing this problem and how to report on Instagram.
- What is bystander intervention?
- Read the Tyler Clementi story and watch the video and write a brief reaction. Describe what Rutgers University has done to address this problem.
- There is an interview at the end of the article. What is the most important step that Claire K. Hall, J.D. recommends a college student take if they become a victim of cyberbullying?
- B) If you have personally been a victim of cyberbullying, please describe in as much or as little detail as is comfortable for you what occurred and what, if any, steps you took to stop the cyberbullying.
- C) If a friend of yours has been a victim of cyberbullying, please describe in as much or as little detail as is comfortable for you what occurred and what, if any, steps your friend took to stop the cyberbullying. Please try not to identify your friend in the interest of their privacy.
- How is cyberbullying defined in this article?
- D) Watch the video posted on Blackboard entitled “Under Seige: Women Gamers Shine Despite Online Bullies.” Write your reaction to this video. If you are a gamer, male or female, describe any experience you have had or that you have seen regarding online gaming harassment or bullying.
- E) Read the article entitled “5 Ways to Stop Online Gaming Harassment, and Stop Getting Harassed and write your reaction to the article.
- F) Read the article posted on Blackboard entitled Preventing Cyberbullying – then describe which of the recommended steps you have personally taken after reading this article.