Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction
Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction for the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming?
Currently, the monastery has thirteen monks. Father Daniel’s wishes to eventually have thirty monks within the age bracket of nineteen to thirty years to live out their lives in the monastery.
- What is his vision for the monastery?
Father Daniel Mary’s vision for the monastery is to transform the meager brotherhood of thirteen monks residing in a small home utilized as makeshift rectory into a five hundred-acre monastery that would have a Gothic church, a retreat center for lay visitors, accommodations for thirty monks, a convent for Carmelite nuns and a hermitage.
- What is his vision for Mystic Monk Coffee?
When it comes to the Mystic Monk Coffee, Father Daniel Mary’s vision is to see it increasing its operations substantially through the proposed one hundred and thirty-pound per hour roaster so as to improve its revenue which is crucial to funding the realizing the vision of the New Mount Carmel.Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction
- What is the mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming?
The mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming is to engage in prayer, worship and silent meditation in the cloistered monastic environment. Subsidiary duties that the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming undertake in include engaging in various manual labors and helping in performing the Mystic Monk Coffee roasting operations.
- Does it appear that Father Daniel Mary has set definite objectives and performance targets for achieving his vision?
Father Daniel Mary’s objective for the monastery is to acquire a 500-acre piece of land that is capable of accommodating thirty monks and having other essential amenities crucial to the monastery. This objective is not only definite but also clear. Notwithstanding, while he perceives Mystic Monk Coffee as an ideal source of capital required to purchase the land, this is only part of the performance targets for achieving his vision. More analysis in terms of performance targets is still required.
- What is Father Prior’s strategy for achieving his vision?
Father Prior’s strategy for achieving his vision was to rely on the Mystic Monk Coffee operations to provide the funds required to purchase the ranch.
- What competitive advantage might Mystic Monk Coffee’s strategy produce?
First, Mystic Monk Coffee supplies specialty coffee made from higher quality fair trade Arabica beans and fair trade organic Arabica beans which consumers prefer. Second, part of the eighty-nine percent of coffee drinkers in the United States who brew their own coffee at home use the packed coffee from Mystic Monk Coffee. Third, Mystic Monk Coffee can leverage the sales and marketing facilitated by the large segment of the United States Catholic population who drink coffee and support the mission of the monastery.Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction
- Is Mystic Monk Coffee’s strategy a money maker?
Mystic Monk Coffee’s strategy is a definite money maker. This can be attributed to its substantial earnings. In its first year of operation, Mystic Monk Coffee earned approximately $75,000. Mystic Monk Coffee is poised to increase its earnings with the purchase and use of a larger roaster.
- What is MMC’s business model?
Initially, Mystic Monk Coffee operated as a B2C company, that is, a Business-to-Consumer company by selling its products to customers through its website and via telephone on certain occasions. Mystic Monk Coffee’s business model has since expanded to include B2B operations, that is, selling products to other businesses such as local coffee shops and institutions such as churches on wholesale.
- What is your assessment of Mystic Monk Coffee’s customer value proposition?
Mystic Monk Coffee’s customer value proposition is ideal. For instance, by providing offers for the purchase of its coffee such as discounts, free delivery and coffee club membership, Mystic Monk Coffee is employing marketing strategies that foster customer loyalty and increase sales.Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction
- What is your assessment of Mystic Monk Coffee’s profit formula?
By partnering with secular websites to promote its products in exchange for commission, Mystic Monk Coffee is widening its customer base from the initial primary target of U.S. Catholic population to include secular customers who may not have been privy to the company’s operations and products, resulting in increased profits. Fortunately, Mystic Monk Coffee will have the resources to maintain and improve its customer value and profit through the purchase of the larger roaster to increase its coffee production capacity.
- Does the strategy qualify as a winning strategy? Why or why not?
The strategy involving Mystic Monk Coffee qualifies as a winning strategy. Mystic Monk Coffee already surpassed the breakeven stage in its first year of operation to register a net profit margin of 11 percent of revenues at the conclusion of the 2008 fiscal year. Moreover, increased partnerships with local coffee shops and churches and prospective increase in production capacity upon the purchase of the large roaster will increase profits or earnings.
- What recommendations would you make to father Daniel Mary in terms of crafting and executing strategy for the monastery’s coffee operations? What is your assessment of Mystic Monk Coffee’s customer value proposition?
The purchase of the large roaster is a good business move since it will increase the production capacity of Mystic Monk Coffee. Nonetheless, Father Daniel Mary should also focus on providing solutions to the challenges that Mystic Monk Coffee faces such as the limited time of work by the monks. The monastery can hire employees to work during the time when the monks are unavailable. If the monastery does not permit working when the monks are praying, worshiping or meditating even by other employees, then Father Daniel Mary should also consider selling ready-to-drink coffee in the future to sustain the high demand.
SWAT Analysis-has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction
- Supply of specialty coffee made from higher quality fair trade Arabica beans and fair trade organic Arabica beans which consumers prefer.
- Large customer base involving both the U.S. Catholic population of coffee drinkers and secular customers.
- Limited production due to the low capacity of the company’s roaster of 540 pounds per day.
- Limited labor and work time due to the mandatory prayer, worship and silent meditation routines undertaken by the monks.
- The purchase of a large roaster that is poised to increase the production capacity, sales and earnings.
- Partnership with more secular websites and affiliate sites to promote its products and attract novel customers.
- Expansion of Mystic Monk Coffee’s business model to include wholesale sales to local coffee shops and churches.
- Limited funds to improve Mystic Monk Coffee’s business operations and infrastructure due to redirecting of substantial funds to purchasing Irma Lake Ranch.
- Restricted growth of Mystic Monk Coffee due to rule and regulations that come with the cloistered monastic environment.Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction