Essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
WEREAS the Employer and Perry have agreed to enter an employment relationship for their mutual benefit;
THE PARTIES agree that the terms and conditions of their employment relationship shall be set forth below.
- Scope of Duties
- The Employer agrees to employ Perry in the position of Receptionist, to perform the duties inherent in this position, including the duties set out in the job description attached as Appendix “A” to this Agreement. Perry will report to the office manager Taylor Swift.
- Perry agrees to devote his full-time efforts to the position and perform his duties to the best of his abilities. Perry further agrees not to engage in any other employment or self-employment during the term of this Agreement.
- Term-essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
- The Employer agrees to employ Perry for an indefinite period, subject to the termination clause in paragraph 10 of this Agreement.
- Perry shall be on duty 40 hours of every week, that is from Monday to Friday between 8:00a.m and 4:00p.m.
- The Employer shall provide Perry with a gross salary of $3,100 per month from which all standard deductions will be made.
- The Employer shall provide this salary on a bi-weekly basis via direct deposit into a banking account of Perry’s choice. Perry shall submit the necessary paperwork within one week (seven days) of his firing.
- Benefits-essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
- Perry shall be entitled to group benefits provided to employees according to their year of service, following their probationary period, as outlined in our Employee Manual last amended December 1, 2017.
- It is understood and agreed that the first six months of employment shall constitute a probationary period during which period the Employer may, in its absolute discretion, terminate the Employee’s employment, for any reason without notice or cause.
- Perry will only be eligible for group benefits after a six month probationary period.
- During this Agreement, Perry shall be entitled to the standard vacation leave as laid out in the Employment Standards Act of British Columbia, which is two weeks after 12 consecutive months of employment.
- The Employer reserves the right to determine when such vacation times are appropriate.
- Confidentiality-essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
- The Employee acknowledges that, in the course of performing and fulfilling his/her duties hereunder, he/she may have access to and be entrusted with confidential information concerning the present and contemplated financial status and activities of the Employer, the disclosure of any of which confidential information to competitors of the Employer would be highly detrimental to the interests of the Employer. The Employee further acknowledges and agrees that the right to maintain the confidentiality of such information constitutes a proprietary right which the Employer is entitled to protect. Accordingly, the Employee covenants and agrees with the Employer that he/she will not, during the continuance of this agreement, disclose any of such confidential information to any person, firm or corporation, nor shall he/she use same, except as required in the normal course of his engagement hereunder, and thereafter he/she shall not disclose or make use of the same.
- It is further acknowledged and agreed that following termination of the employee’s employment with the employer, for any reason the employee shall not hire or attempt to hire any current employees of the company.
- Additionally, it is further acknowledged and agreed that following termination of the employee’s employment with the employer for any reason, the employee shall not solicit business from current clients or clients who have retained in the 6 month period immediately preceding the employee’s termination.
- Perry confirms that the restrictions in paragraph 6.1 and 6.2 above are reasonable and valid and all defences, if any, to the strict enforcement thereof by the Employer are waived by Perry. Perry further agrees that any breach of paragraph 6.1 or 6.2 will entitle the Employer to injunctive relief, as monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy.
- Return of Property
- Upon the termination of Perry’s employment under this Agreement, Perry shall at once deliver or cause to be delivered to the Employer all books, documents, effects, money, securities, or other property belonging to the Employer or for which the Employer is liable to others, which are in the possession, charge, control, or custody of Perry.
- Termination-essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
- Perry may terminate this Agreement upon two weeks’ notice at any time providing a written notice of resignation. Upon such termination of this Agreement, Perry will not be entitled to any further compensation under this Agreement.
- The Employer may terminate the employment of Perry without notice or any payment at any time during the course of this Agreement with just cause. “Just cause” is defined as a serious and willful misconduct, and specifically includes but is not limited to assault, fraud, theft, and unauthorized absence without good reason or gross insubordination.
- The Employer may terminate the employment of Perry without reason or notice at any time by providing written notice of termination to Perry. If the Employer elects to terminate the employment of Perry without reason or notice, Perry shall be entitled to the severance pay equal to two weeks’ wages for each completed year of his employment. This lump-sum payment shall be in lieu of and include all of Perry’s entitlements under statute and common law and under this Agreement including all compensation and benefits of any kind, and specifically including any entitlements under the Employment Standards Act of British Columbia.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part thereof and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions thereof shall continue in full force and effect.
- Modification of Agreement
- Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties or it shall have no effect and shall be void.
- Entire Agreement
- This Agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall not include any representation, promise or warranty other than those set out herein.
- Governing Law-essay on EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
12.1 Perry agrees that he has had, or has had the opportunity to obtain, independent legal advice about the execution of this Agreement and has read this Agreement in its entirety, understands its contents and is signing this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without duress or undue influence from any party.
Signed this _____ day of __________, 20___, in the City of Vancouver in the Province of British Columbia.
Snooty Clothing Inc.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.