A CAREER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY: COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYST
As a young boy, my father had an old computer he was obsessed with. He was computer illiterate so in all his free time, he would be fidgeting with the computer to teach himself the basics. He would always call me, we would guess work our way through, and most times, I wished I was out playing instead. It is however, due to this struggle that I developed a love for computers.
With this career, I will be able to fulfill my father’s dreams and the wishes of a young boy. I will be able to assist society do better in their passions by improving their dream jobs. As an analyst, I can contribute to planet earth too by developing my own system for any worthy cause. I will be the solution to the plans and dreams you want to accomplish but you don’t know how.
Today, I will tell you of the exciting world of a computer system analyst.
Computer System Analyst A CAREER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY: COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYST
- Works with management so that they understand why a firm needs computer systems.
- Looks out for any new technologies that will improve the work the firm is already doing.
- Makes a Cost-Benefit Analysis for the firm to determine if the systems are a good investment.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve old systems.
- Chooses the right hardware and software to be able to make new systems for the organization.
- Manages the installation of new systems and customizes them for the organization
- Continuously monitors if installed systems are functioning right.
- Finally, they are responsible for teaching the company employees who will be using the systems how to use them and how to report difficulties experienced so that they are corrected on time.
Earnings A CAREER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY: COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYST
The median pay for 2017 was $88,270 per year and $42.44 per hour.
None is offered on the job.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems and Technology
None is required especially if it is an entry job.
Personal reasons for the career choice
Good Pay A CAREER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY: COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYST
I have always wanted to be independent after college and the salary offered is a good step towards that direction. When I am ready to support a family, I can also comfortably provide for their needs.
I absolutely love working with computers and information systems because there are endless opportunities for learning. I also love the fact that technology keeps improving and I hope that one day I will develop a system of my own.
Networking A CAREER IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY: COMPUTER SYSTEM ANALYST
I love working with people and since the job entails working within an organization, I will have massive opportunities to meet and engage with new people all the time.
A Dream Come True
I have told you the story of my father and me. This job will help me fulfill two dreams. I will be very happy to achieve this accomplishment.
A career as a Computer System Analyst ensures that I get to work with people and most importantly with systems in an organization. This job will help me build on experience, knowledge as well as help me make new friends with the same interests. It may be the excellent plan for retirement, as I will have all the time to make my own creations. My father always said, “Retire earliest!” I intend to do just that.
BLS, B. (2018). Computer Systems Analysts: Occupational Outlook Handbook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Bls.gov. Retrieved 25 April 2018, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/mobile/computer-systems-analysts.htm